Tuesday 9 October 2012

Day 1 Attack


7am weight- 129lbs

Today was day 1 of Attack. I could have been more "pure protein “and strict had I been a little better prepared.
 
I use MyFitnessPal (MFP) to track my food and exercise. It is a free iPhone app and so convenient. I love the fact you can scan the bar code of an item to add it!! including when you build a recipe. If you buy lots of imported good then most things are in there and the local stuff will be generic anyway.

I know Dukan is not really about counting calories or carbs but I like to dairy my food on a diet and it is interesting to see how calorie / carb patterns develop. I am very short at 5ft3 so 1200 cals is a good target if I were counting calories.

I am also a firm believer of the protein keeps you full concept, therefore you eat less calories. If I include carbs then I am hungry on 1200 calories but high protein makes it much easier.

Here is the schedule for today. (Copied from the PC version of the APP)



The items that were perhaps not pure Dukan attack were the Veggie protein sausage (but this only has 2.7g of carbs (MFP resource is wrong) and 6g of fat. I was shopping in the Organic supermarket this evening before dinner and was sooooo hungry)

I used a generic meatball item on MFP but mine had 0 carbs in here only chicken and seasoning.

Also the laughing cow light are probably a little high in carbs too, so I will switch to Philadelphia light once i go to spinneys later on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Dukan Curry

Chicken breasts cubed - 400g
Small onion (for some reason many Dukan attack recipes include onion so I did too)
Madras curry powder to taste - (I use about 1-2Tbsp)
Onken Fat free yoghurt – 4tblsp

Dry fry chicken and onions, be careful not to burn. When almost cooked add the yoghurt and then simmer until fully cooked. then server! super easy :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We had the curry for dinner with a grilled salmon steak for variance in flavor..

At the Organic supermarket this evening I stocked up on supplies of meat and fish and the quality of far superior to any other location. In particular chicken breast that only contains chicken rather than the spinney's (which is full of nitrates and water).

I was disappointed not to find any of the following items though.
Brussoela
Fat free Quark (still not sure what quark is yet)
Fat free Fromage fraise
Fat free sour cream

Oh how I miss Tesco's ....

I will just have to make do with Onken fat free yoghurt & Philadelphia for now.

DDD x
 
must remeber to take some before piccys tonight :-0 gasp!

2 comments:

  1. Hi do you mind sharing where do you find Quark, not fromage frais. And turkey bacon or low fat bacon. Also if you use any tyoe of cocoa, what kind do you use? Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you look, for these items? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete